Celestron CGX‑L Equatorial 1100 HD ONE IN STOCK FREE SHIPPING lower 48
Celestron's newly designed CGX-L Computerized Equatorial mount is the latest addition in their fully computerized equatorial mount series. Capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease, CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories.
Key design goals included larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes, remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall. In addition to that, they've made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport. COMPACT. ERGONOMIC. INNOVATIVE.
See the Universe in HD
EdgeHD is an aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma; it also provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
True Astrograph Quality
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrographs" actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for some visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with the flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars, but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With Celestron’s StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for your size EdgeHD tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Every EdgeHD that ships has been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component, but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance. This “final acceptance test” confirms the EdgeHD will perform in the field and deliver high-quality astroimages.
|Aperture (mm)||279.4 mm (11 in)|
|Dovetail Compatibility||CGE Mount|
|EQ Head Weight w/o Counterw...||47 lb|
|Focal Length||2800 mm (110 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||23 mm (0.91 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||660x|
|Instrument load capacity||75 lb|
|Latitude adjustment range||3"-65"|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||1593x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.7|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||40x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||122x|
|Max Slew Speed||4"/second (3"/second is default)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports (...||4|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||24 in (610 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||28 lb (13 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.42 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.5 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstructio...||12%|
|Software||PWI Telescope Control Software|
|Star Diagonal||2" w/ 1.25" adapter|
|Total EQ Head Weight||52.6 lb|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod height adjustment range||35.75" to 52.75"|
|Tripod leg diameter||2.75"|
|Tripod Weight||46.2 lb|
|_3...||2 x 22 lb Counterweight|
|_4...||NexStar+ Hand Control|
|_5...||DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)|
|_6...||8 mm Allen Wrench (contained in rear carry handle)|
- ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY BY MARTIN PUGH
- Anacortes Telescope
- Nature Friend Magazine
- Rod Mollise
- Matsumoto Company
- Desert Sky Astro Products
- nPAE Precision Astro Engineering
- SkyShed Observatories
- Astromart Customer Service
- AstroMart LLC
- Anacortes Telescope
- TeleVue Optics
- Optique Unterlinden (Europe)
View all sponsors