New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Astromart ForSale Question

Started by jonisaacs, 10/23/2003 07:00AM
Posted 10/23/2003 07:00AM Opening Post
Herb:

A question for you.

A fellow advertised a 3 inch refractor and 16 inch Dobsonian in the San Diego Union-Tribune. I talked to him and went to look at the DOB. Well it turned out to be a blue 13.1 inch Coulter. He wants $450 for it. I am not interested as I have a 12.5 inch Discovery.

The obvious place for this scope is Astromart but the fellow is not internet or even computer savvy and does not have access to a computer. The fellow is clearly a very solid man, older, has been living in the same place since 1971 with his family.

So, what do you think about my posting undermy name for guy with the situation stated clearly?? My thinking is that anyone interested would respond to me and then I would give them the contact information. The buyer would have to pickup the scope, shipping is not an option, the seller just wants to move the scope and it seems like a good chance for someone wanting some cheap aperture.

Thanks

Jon
Posted 10/23/2003 07:45AM #1
5.2 Solely to enable Astromart to use the information you supply us with, so that we are not violating any rights you might have in that information, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright and publicity rights (but no other rights) you have in Your Information, in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to Your Information.

5.3 You may only sell your own items. Ads that are placed for a person other than the one specified in Your Information will be removed.

Sorry
Posted 11/20/2003 05:00PM #2
Hi Jon, Why don't you just buy the Coulter and sell it yourself. Better yet sell the Discovery and keep the Coulter. Some of the early Coulters had excellent mirrors. Our club has an excellent 17.5 (blue tube)which we bought new in 1982 or so and just rebuilt it a couple of years ago. The mirror was tested by John Hall and he said it was one of the best he had seen from Coulter. Just my 2 cents.

Joe