Image of the day

Captured by
Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Where to turn? Need advice if possible.....

Started by robcos, 03/20/2004 10:49AM
Posted 03/20/2004 10:49AM Opening Post
I'm stuck. I asked advice here a while back on a transaction while it was delayed in being shipped to me....the package has since arrived damaged and was returned....payment was promised and i've yet to see it....or hear from the individual(I already know he checks his email while here or away on business).

Here's the timeline to give you an idea of what i'm up against....Excerpts from his emails and my narration to you-i'll be in CAPS while I narrate-his comments are directly from his emails...

"I've got it all cleaned up & boxed up and ready to go" 2-15

WE SEAL THE DEAL ON 2-15 AS RESULT OF MY INQUIRY.....BUT A DAY LATER...

"Sorry for the delay in responding, but a work emergency came up...
Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room in London (England" 2-16

I PAID HIM WHILE HE WAS AWAY IN GOOD FAITH BASED ON HIS RATINGS-HIS RESPONSE:

"I appreciate that, it certainly could have waited until I got back. I'll get it shipped first thing Monday" 2-18

HE’S BACK FROM HIS TRIP A WEEK LATER:

"I'm going home a bit early today, both because I'm tired & jet lagged, and to finalize the packing and get the scope shipped to you." 2-23

I DON'T HEAR FROM HIM FOR THREE DAYS.....

"I'll have a FedEx # for you today" 2-26

FINALLY MAILS THE ITEM FIVE DAYS LATER THAN HIS LAST EMAIL:

"Tracking # is" 3-1

SCOPE ARRIVES DAMAGED AND WE ARRANGE RETURN QUICKLY BECUASE HE'S GOING AWAY AGAIN(AND HE'D LIKE TO GET IT OVER WITH BEFORE HE LEAVES)….....

HE SAYS HE’S RETURNING THE MONEY THAT DAY AND I NEVER HEAR FROM HIM AGAIN.

"I'll be refunding you the PayPal payment today." 3-8

"Was on planes all morning, and am in Austin, Texas right now. Will write more a bit later." 3-9………………

IT'S NOW 3-20 AND I HAVEN'T HEARD A THING......

Any advice would be appreciated..this person i'm dealing with has good prior ratings..so I don't want to be rash..but at this point there's a fine line between rash and stupidity.

I'm sorry this was so long, but I couldn't think of any other way to get advice on this matter.

Rob C.

Posted 03/20/2004 05:16PM #1
Contact PayPal and dispute the payment. Ask them to intervene.
I would call again and again if necessary. He may be waiting for the scope to arrive before giving a refund, has it arrived at his end?
Floyd

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager