New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Help!!

Started by dgillis, 01/14/2010 03:27AM
Posted 01/14/2010 03:27AM | Edited 01/14/2010 03:28AM Opening Post
Hello,

I admittedly goofed it seems.

I mailed off an item (not real expensive, but still) to someone on Astromart before receiving payment.

I have since not heard anything from them including the promised payment. I have tried many e-mails and left a message on their cell.

I am reluctant to rate them low since they can turn around and rap my rating that I have builtup over time. Their rating is only a single purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.
Posted 01/14/2010 04:12AM #1
Don't worry about what they might do as far as rating is concerned. You just have to state what happened and that is all that matters. If they leave you a bad rating, you can them comment on that rating explaining your previous rating for the transaction.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 01/14/2010 07:08AM #2
My take on this would be how much time are we talking......Given as you say it was relatively inexpensive and that there are a few situations however unlikely but do from time to time occur that can explain your inability to contact them, I would give it at least a couple weeks before going further other than perhaps some additional attempts to contact. Keep your cool too....On the outside chance it is a legit situation the buyer will be appreciative of your understanding when he is able to contact you. But after two weeks? Tar and feather, staked on a fireant bed in at 110 in the shade and not a tree in site >smile

daniel gillis said:

Hello,

I admittedly goofed it seems.

I mailed off an item (not real expensive, but still) to someone on Astromart before receiving payment.

I have since not heard anything from them including the promised payment. I have tried many e-mails and left a message on their cell.

I am reluctant to rate them low since they can turn around and rap my rating that I have builtup over time. Their rating is only a single purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA