Evening Grosbeak

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

I paid -- no eyepiece, no communication

Started by Fgreenva, 04/04/2007 05:03AM
Posted 04/04/2007 05:03AM Opening Post
Apologies if I shouldn't post this here. I've never run into this problem before, I don't know what to do or what my options are. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. The middle of last month I bought an eyepiece from an Amarter with more than 100 excellent references. I sent him a USPS MO for almost $400. He acknowlegded receiving it on Marh 23. He said he would "try" and send the ep by the 26th or 27th. He said he was moving. I e-mailed him on the 28th to see if he had sent it. He responded on the 28th saying he had a bad back and that he would have it shipped by that Friday, March 30. I have not heard from him since March 28. He is not responding to emails. What can I do? I've offered to let him just send me back the money of there is some kind of problem with the eyepiece. I hesitate to give him a bad rating. I've never done that. But if I never hear from him again, what do I do? I've saved the e-mail chain and have the receipt for the money order which was made payable to him.
Many Thanks,
Frank Green
Posted 04/04/2007 06:24AM #1
Frank, if I were you, even though I believe communication is a bit lacking here, I would wait another week before doing anything drastic... (if he shipped the 30th of March, it could still be traveling your way)

This just seems to be a transaction done in "the wrong time" since the seller is "moving" and that could lead to issues. (not excusing him here)

I know it is hard for you, but please wait, I know your eyepiece will arrive, since with so many good ratings, it would be "dumb" to risk getting a bad rating at this stage...

Clear skies, and keep us all posted.

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 04/04/2007 07:13AM #2
If he's moving, he might not currently have internet access, and while it does you no good, people who are moving tend to greatly underestimate how much will be involved.

As Ivan mentioned, it's probably just bad timing.

Hard to imagine someone would intentionally ruin the reputation over 100 ratings creates on a $400 transaction.
Posted 04/05/2007 09:12AM | Edited 04/05/2007 09:19AM #3
Whew! I heard from the fellow yesterday. Said he was without internet much longer than anticipated because of move. According to Fedex tracking, the ep is almost at my door. Thanks for everyone's sage advice and sorry for the premature alarm!
Best, Frank