My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Leaving neg. fdback and the concern of reciprocity

Started by Gary S., 08/16/2006 05:17AM
Posted 08/16/2006 05:17AM Opening Post
I emailed support and Herb linked me here:

I'm considering leaving neg. feedback for an Astromarter who I won't name here, he contacted me thru two different ads within an 1 hour of my placing them which are for Swarovski and Zeiss binoculars with the following for one ad: "Hi Gary. I am interested in this pair as well. Please contact me to discuss payment. Best wishes...XXXXX." and this was from ad #446178,"Hi Gary. I am interested in purchasing these binoculars. Please contact me
to discuss payment. Best wishes...XXXXX." No ambiguity and no
questions he just wanted to buy them. He said he would put funding together
and pay me the next day (last Friday) he reiterated his intention to buy
both pairs, but that he would have to wait for payment from some E*** auctions on Sunday. I contacted him again on Sunday no reply and so I contacted him again today (Tuesday) telling him the Zeiss had sold he finally replied and said he would buy the Zeiss, but that he wanted to now reduce the price of the Swaros by $195 -six days after he committed to buy no questions asked!! I would like to warn others of his lack of follow through and irresponsibility, and leave neg. feedback, I'm just concerned he is going to reciprocate would you remove the negative feedback from my account if he reciprocates? He only has 3 feedbacks and so he may not care and he may move on, It appears he buys items on Astromart and resells on E*** as I found his user id on Astromart is the same as on E*** here are some of his current auctions: which I have not posted here as it would provide info about him, but I did provide to Herb.

I don't know how you view behavior like this if you could reply if you would delete the negative feedback he might place that would be appreciated and any course of action concerning XXXXX is up to you it doesn't appear he is interested in AA or Astromart other than what he can find to buy and resell.

I would gladly supply the email exchanges to a moderator or whoever so its not just my view being told (I did provide these exchanges to Herb). When I confronted him and asked if he would accept less money from one of his E*** auctions after it closed he just got rude and didnt acknowledge or answer my questions.

I want to make one thing clear the person that did buy the Zeiss binoculars paid immediately and so if someone checks my feedback and see who bought the Zeiss binos this IS NOT the person I'm speaking about here.

Thanks for the input and the course of action to be expected on deleting the negative feedback.

Posted 08/16/2006 05:46AM #1
Hi Gary,
Just forget about it, you are not suppose to leave feed back unless there is a transaction completed, which there was not.
You will just cause yourself more problems than you will create for this fellow. Just remember the experience and never deal with him again.
Give the info to Herb if you feel there is anything wrong with the guy or his auctions and leave it at that.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 08/16/2006 01:50PM #2
Gary,

Post the feedback, but keep it factual.

If we cannot post accurate feedback for fear of retaliation, then why have the system.

If he does "retaliate" then, so be it. If anybody is interested in reading feedback, then let them read it, and evaluate it for what it is worth. If you have one negative in a series of wonderfuls, it should not be a disqualification.

ALex
Posted 08/16/2006 02:54PM #3
Gary, no sale/purchase has been done here, let it go...

If you post a bad rating, you'll risk getting one back at you, and it is NOT worth it...

Let Herb know about this guy, but nothing else...

As a side note: the rating system is for TRANSACTIONS that have happened, any misuse could lead into ban/deletion of your account... (as per TOS/Herb)

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator