IC410

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Members who don't bother to Rate

Started by Hans Tucker, 11/08/2010 02:59AM
Posted 11/08/2010 02:59AM Opening Post
Why is that you extend the courtesy to rate a member for a transaction and the person does not bother to extend the same courtesy. I note the member has rate a couple transactions after ours so it's not like it's an oversight. Ok it's not a big issue but it does makes me think why should I bother in future.
Posted 11/08/2010 08:30AM #1
Generally when a transaction is finished I will send a follow up message. Basically thanking them and letting them know that everything was ok. Somewhere in that message I will mention that it was a pleasure doing business with them and that I am leaving positive feedback for them and ask if they will reciprocate. I go ahead and tell them I am leaving feedback. Perhaps it is the guilty conscience but they usually leave feedback as well.

Some people just need a reminder, they are busy and forget. However, some people need a stick over the head. There are more than a few people who have dozens of ratings given to them and they have given only 5 or 6 back. I don't mess with those people. I look at that stuff before I even reply to an ad.
Posted 11/11/2010 09:11AM #2
I've had that happen too. That person would a day later give a glowing rating to someone else!

What am I, chopped liver? Did I say something wrong? Or was he mad because I offered a lower price? Oh well, maybe just forgot. I've got enough anyway.

Mike