Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Ratings given/recieved?

Started by LaFamiliaSon, 02/11/2010 01:46PM
Posted 02/11/2010 01:46PM Opening Post
Is it untactful to ask a buyer or seller to leave a rating on AstroMart, How long should someone wait, what if any is the protocol?

THanks, RM
Posted 02/11/2010 02:43PM | Edited 02/12/2010 06:18PM #1
I think that if you have a small number of transactions, that it's wise to ask for a rating. It's really the only way we have of policing the buy/sell situation and it's really the only decent line of defense that a buyer has. Also, if you're a buyer it's even more important to post a rating.
When I see something that I'm interested in the first thing I look for is what prior transactions the seller has been involved in and what people think of him/her. I also look to see how long you've been around. I would guess that most folks do the same thing. When I think about it, I'm amazed that on some occasions, I've literally sent thousands and thousands of dollars to a perfect stranger and things have gone without a hitch (knock on wood).
Posted 02/11/2010 04:17PM #2
Roberto Medina said:

Is it untactful to ask a buyer or seller to leave a rating on AstroMart, How long should someone wait, what if any is the protocol?

THanks, RM

Roberto:

I can only speak for myself but I am fine with it if someone asks me up front to leave a rating. Probably the most appropriate time is after the transaction has been completed. I would suggest something simple and direct, something like:

"I would appreciate it if you could leave me a rating."

Jon