M33 Triangulum Galaxy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Am I in the wrong, feedback please!

Started by ssatko, 01/01/2013 08:18PM
Posted 01/01/2013 08:18PM Opening Post
Jim, I'd really advise against giving someone a bad rating just for not replying to your offer to buy. Other AM'ers have failed to respond to my offers to buy many times, and in those cases I think it's always best to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. Lots of people have emailed me and only days later I found that their email had gotten caught by my spam filter. I'd hate to get a bad rating for something like that that was totally out of my control.

Lastly, even if the other guy did get your email and was just blowing you off, it's important to remember Herb's policy on giving ratings when no transaction has taken place: he's stated numerous times that such an action can and likely will result in the offender having their AM account banned if they are caught doing such a thing. I'd strongly recommend making amends with the guy and then each of you deleting your ratings before Herb catches on (especially now that you've started this thread to call attention to yourself).

Clear skies,
Scott

Posted 01/01/2013 08:39PM | Edited 01/01/2013 08:44PM #1
I would eat my humble pie and pull that rating quick, if for no other reason than that it's against the rules as Scott said. An unanswered e-mail isn't grounds for a negative rating--only completed transactions are. And as I see it, since you gave the seller a negative rating, he was within his rights to respond in kind. How Herb sees it might be another thing though.

Oklahoma State University--The University of Oklahoma!--GO POKES!! GO STATE!!