My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Should I refuse shipping and then what?

Started by Ken Tydeck, 01/04/2007 10:47PM
Posted 01/04/2007 10:47PM Opening Post
Hello all,
I just bought a few items from a seller on AM and was informed that everything should arrive this week sometime. In the mean time I stumbled upon a thread by the seller, on a different web forum posted prior to the sale, talking about how his equipment which he is selling to me, had unfortunately became damaged. Shouldn't the seller be obligated to tell the buyer about this? I spent good money on these items. Upon finding this out I tried to call the seller and only got a answer machine and also sent an email stating I will be refusing shipment and asking for a full refund. Is that wrong of me to ask? I paid via paypal and the seller took the payment. Has anybody got any recommendations on what should be my next step. Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Ken Tydeck

Ken Tydeck
Mesa,Arizona

http://www.pbase.com/ktydeck/astro_images

TOA-130
ED80
ZS66sd
PST
AP-1200gto
WO EZTouch
ScopeBuggy
Posted 01/05/2007 12:07AM #1
If the items are damaged and he did not disclose this, them stop payment with Paypal or the check if possible if he does not contact you concerning this. Refusing the package may not be a good idea, you would have nothing to bargain with then. Plus you could not prove whether the items were damaged or not.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager