Utterly dissapointed

Started by richardm123uk, 05/08/2008 04:53AM
Posted 05/08/2008 04:53AM Opening Post
Hello,

I have not been a member long but I need to get this out. I spent the last 6 months saving for a dream scope (Mewlon 210)and after getting a couple of grand plus together I place a request for a used scope on astromart. The guy who replies (I will not say any names because he seems like a nice guy and has a lot of + feedback) offers me one but it has a scratched tube (I am okay with this).

I recieve the scope and it smells a little musty but I assume it has been stored for a while. I am no expert and this is my second scope. Anyhow I manage to knock it out of collimation and take it to my local telescope shop for a tune up. I should have realised that the mold infestation on the mewlon cap was a sign. The scope has mold on the primary and secondary and the grease on focuser has siezed up.

I was not told any of these things. The optics were described as perfect. I am so put off. Just has to share.
Posted 05/08/2008 06:13AM #1
Hi Richard,
Ask for a refund! How long ago did you buy it?

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 05/10/2008 12:49AM | Edited 05/10/2008 12:50AM #2
This is *NOT* Ebay. Send the sellers name and the email that describes the condition of the scope to Herb. State what you received. Keep it brief and to the point.

Of your money is not returned (including shipping) FAST post the sellers information so we can stay away from him.

Even if the guy gives you your money back I do not think that any of us want to deal with him. You should not "feel" the way you do. BS!

Brian