My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Western Union

Started by jomeara, 12/02/2010 06:54AM
Posted 12/02/2010 06:54AM Opening Post
Hi all,

I am in the process of dealing with a fellow astromarter for an ST-11000. He is in Spain, has ~20 excellent ratings on AM, but insists on me using Western Union and that I supply him with the MTCN number - sounds fishy to me and potentially like this members account has been highjacked - any suggestions / comments.

cheers,

Jeff
Posted 12/02/2010 07:36AM #1
I had an international transaction two years ago with a gentlemen in Russia. He wired the money via Western Union without a hitch. I would check with Western Union about the requested number to see what the MTCN request is about. Western Union worked well in my case. Check it out if your suspicious
Posted 12/04/2010 02:15AM #2
when you send money via WU in the States, you have no way to validate that the person you intended to send it to actually picked up the $$ - in fact, no way to prove that the person you think you are dealing with even exists. ten years ago, i was scammed out of about $350 by a party in the Bay Area who persuaded me that he had some old, NOS BFG radial tires i was seeking for a car. he was very good at what he did - convinced a very cautious, suspicious guy that he had the rare tires i was wanting. turned out, he made a living doing just that - he would find a wanted ad for an unusual car part, do some research, then make the call and turn on the charm. i was not the first he tricked, as it turned out - probably not the last, either. Ernie Spragg Fresno CA