Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Ad responses not getting thru?

Started by Doug Peterson, 04/14/2018 07:12AM
Posted 04/14/2018 07:12AM Opening Post
I received a internal message from a gentleman who responded to my ad, but appears to have received none of my 3 emails in reply. Email responses to my ads seems much lower than usual, concerned about this, in either direction.

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 04/14/2018 07:29AM #1
YOU GUYS ARE MY HEROS!

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 04/20/2018 07:49AM #2
I have received a couple ad responses in the last couple days.

Posted 04/26/2018 08:25AM #3
I am definitely still hit or miss on email responses to my ads, both ways.

I am having better luck through Messages, but I am not seeing all of my Sent messages.

Posted 04/27/2018 09:14AM #4
While the emails are still dodgy, I discovered that the missing Sent Private Messages were those when replying to the emailed message from my in box. You must click on the message and reply from within Astromart.

Posted 04/28/2018 02:29AM #5
I replied to an ad (#427738) but  have not heard back. I tried to send a second message and the system wouldn't let me. Maybe not enough time has elapsed? Also, after you revamped your website I noticed my Astromart purchases and ratings are no longer visible. With "0" transactions listed, its as if I am a newbie. Thanks.
Posted 04/28/2018 02:41AM #6
Originally Posted by Vladimir Krsmanovic

So, Doug just to confirm. Whenever you reply from the email directly that message doesn't get delivered to a user?

I think at this point that private messages only work through Astromart internal system. If you reply to the email they won't go to private messages inbox.

However, it's also possible that reply to in the email is not leading to that user email address but to general astromart email.  We can fix that by adding user email as reply-to.
Some respondents to my ads their email does not reach me, I learn from PM. Some of my reply email to them appears to not be received by them, at least no answer. Difficult to know because when I ask them to reply to both ad email and PM, and I see no email, cannot judge if they did indeed do both.

Posted 04/28/2018 04:54AM #7
I may have changed my email address because I retired and my university email was no longer available to me. Previous email was [email protected]. My purchases were a tak fsq85 (baby Q) and an AP Mach 1 GTO mount plus tripod.