Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

If you have any questions or experiencing an issue please report to support@astromart.com

Another scam on A-mart today

Started by drmikevt, 03/28/2017 04:56AM
Posted 03/28/2017 04:56AM Opening Post
I'm not sure what can be done, but at least once a week, someone lists a QSI683 as a scam. The poster:
- is always unrated
- always posts around 4am, eastern
- never has the right pictures of the equipment listed in the ad
- often asks for money in 'USD' - this latest one specifies it must be a wire transfer - no paypal protection

Someone is going to get a lot of money stolen from them. Like I said, I don't know if there is anything to do, but its a problem. There is no way to flag a post as a scam.

Mike
Posted 03/28/2017 10:14AM #1
I asked him what size filters and OAG threads. He replied back the the FLI has 50mm filters and a Borg guide scope. Haha not even close.

I gave him a 0 rating, not sure if that is allowed but we did correspond. And I also reported this scam to support at astromart.com which is the only way I know of to report, is the right?

Posted 03/29/2017 07:09AM #2
Tough thing is on those trying to sell the actual camera. Before I sold my camera, I checked the historical prices and found that there were quite a lot of incredibly low prices with users having no prior rating. At best, it's a nuisance, at worst someone will get scammed. For me it's a nuisance as it potentially takes traffic away from legit ads. Hope no-one falls to this scam.

Gabe
Posted 03/29/2017 12:29PM #3
Geez... this keeps up and Herb's gonna need a new full time position added just to keep the scammers at bay.

Latest ad  By: Joann Alford
classified #944575
Price:     $2,450.00
Posted 03/30/2017 01:44AM | Edited 03/30/2017 01:47AM #4
The specifics have changed .... but the same MO...

Classified #944620
For Sale: Kowa Optimed Kowa BD Series.

Just too much "wrong" with it.