NGC4216 with supernova 2024gy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Auction Question - noob.

Started by doublestargeezer, 08/17/2016 04:09AM
Posted 08/17/2016 04:09AM Opening Post
I plan to sell high-end scope via auction - I'll probably post the advert tomorrow.

I have a question about the commitment made by the both the seller and the high bidder.

I will be putting delivery conditions in place. Basically, I will deliver to anyone on or near a line from Toronto to the Okie-Tex Star Party or anyone who will drive to meet me in person along that line.. I will clearly state that the telescope will not be shipped to anyone, no matter where they live. A second delivery/meet opportunity will be when I drive to Chiefland FL in October...

Here's my question: What if the winning bidder ignores my warning - lives in Europe or Alaska or Nova Scotia and won't drive to meet me. Must I still sell to him? Am I forced to have the stuff crated and shipped? Am I allowed to back out of the deal if such a person wins the auction?

I plan to put dire warnings about these delivery limitations in the advert so there should not be a clarity problem...

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Dave
Posted 08/17/2016 05:52PM | Edited 08/17/2016 05:54PM #1
David Cotterell said:

I plan to sell high-end scope via auction - I'll probably post the advert tomorrow.

I have a question about the commitment made by the both the seller and the high bidder.

I will be putting delivery conditions in place. Basically, I will deliver to anyone on or near a line from Toronto to the Okie-Tex Star Party or anyone who will drive to meet me in person along that line.. I will clearly state that the telescope will not be shipped to anyone, no matter where they live. A second delivery/meet opportunity will be when I drive to Chiefland FL in October...

Here's my question: What if the winning bidder ignores my warning - lives in Europe or Alaska or Nova Scotia and won't drive to meet me. Must I still sell to him? Am I forced to have the stuff crated and shipped? Am I allowed to back out of the deal if such a person wins the auction?

I plan to put dire warnings about these delivery limitations in the advert so there should not be a clarity problem...

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Dave

99.99999999999% positive that as long as you describe the exchange/delivery terms clearly in the auction you will not be under any obligation to go beyond the terms you set for delivery. Of course there can be exceptions such as the buyer has a problem beyond their control come up that prevents them meeting the agreed upon terms of delivery (or you for that matter). You might give that some thought and put some verbiage in the auction terms to address such a contingent. After all "stuff" happens to the best laid plans of men and mice smile

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA