Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Scorpion and Jupiter, August 07

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Does anyone actually wear the AM tee-shirt?

Started by Peter Glus, 09/28/2007 09:18AM
Posted 09/28/2007 09:18AM Opening Post
I put this on the other day and my wife didn't let me out of the house. She said the silver man integraeted into the words is "not cool". Was there like a design competition for this? Will there be future design competitions for the next generation tee shirt?

Posted 09/28/2007 09:32AM #1
I believe that is the first time this question has ever been asked. Therefore, it must be considered off topic in the Astromart FAQ Forum.

smile smile smile smile

(Just kidding--you can ask, but I cannot imagine there being a satisfactory answer!).

Alex
Posted 09/28/2007 09:35AM #2
No idea but I would love it if they redesigned the shirt - a contest that had AM members vote would be a great idea.

The T-shirt should have a small image/logo over the left breast and a large imprint on the back - available in black, dark blue, or white, short sleeve and maybe even a long-sleeve version would be cool too! Beanies would also be a great idea since we could all use them to keep warm while observing.

I know I'd buy a few....

Jim 8)
www.laas.org
Posted 09/28/2007 05:29PM | Edited 09/28/2007 05:30PM #3
Peter Glus said:

I put this on the other day and my wife didn't let me out of the house. She said the silver man integraeted into the words is "not cool". Was there like a design competition for this? Will there be future design competitions for the next generation tee shirt?

Maybe my wife dosen't love me enough to care about what I wear in public anymore but...I wear mine regularly and share the occassional knowing look with fellow Astro enthusiasts while walking around near my home in Sydney, Australia. I like the current one but would also be interested in getting a newly designed one too.

Cheers!
Posted 09/29/2007 01:04PM #4
Well I nearly created an interplanetary incident when I walked into OPT wearing the Astromart T-shirt without even thinking about it.

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 09/29/2007 10:42PM | Edited 09/29/2007 10:44PM #5
I've been wearing both of mine for the past couple of days. My wife is just getting a bit tired of seeing them as much as she does. I'll be wearing mine once again at the AIC next month.......

Mike

http://www.DarkSights.com
Posted 09/30/2007 06:23PM #6
How about this?

Ronnie Warner

Attached Image:

rwarner007's attachment for post 117256
Posted 10/01/2007 08:18AM | Edited 10/01/2007 08:19AM #7
I like the t-shirt and wear mine at our clubs public events and always get comments on it, mostly good. It helps inform newbies as to where they can go to get good used astro equipment.

And being an Astro Cop enables me to go up to folks I don't know and ask them to please put thier EPs where I can see them. wink
Posted 10/02/2007 12:20PM #8
My wife stands a little farther away from me with my evil robot shirt on also..... how about this?

Attached Image:

mclemens's attachment for post 117312
Posted 11/01/2007 01:36PM #9
Well its been a month. While I got zero response to my my entry I would still like to know who the winner was.

Wisdom Begins In Wonder