My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

How would you handle this?

Started by mirfak, 02/17/2006 01:33PM
Posted 02/17/2006 01:33PM Opening Post
Hello

I had my first unpleasant dealing on Astromart. I replied to a for sale ad. In the reply:
1. add 3% paypal (not mentioned in ad)
2. send money to a yahoo email, not the astromart email.
3. Was insulted for asking about alternate shipping option

From now on I will only deal with perfect 5 star people.

John R
Posted 02/17/2006 02:25PM #1
john raymond said:

Hello

I had my first unpleasant dealing on Astromart. I replied to a for sale ad. In the reply:
1. add 3% paypal (not mentioned in ad)
2. send money to a yahoo email, not the astromart email.
3. Was insulted for asking about alternate shipping option

From now on I will only deal with perfect 5 star people.

John R

The seller may not have their paypal account linked to the email address they use for astromart. Or they could have two paypal accounts - one free that can't accept credit cards and one premium that can.

If they don't already have the astromart email address linked to a paypal account, they could add it.

On shipping - it depends on the details. For example, I resist sending things overseas by surface mail. I also won't send high valued items without insurance or in a way that can't be tracked.
Posted 02/17/2006 04:42PM #2
I probably need to know more about the ad and responses he made, but I can see logical reasons for him doing all three things that have irked you.

On the first one, it sounds like he may have checked a lot of payment options, and forgot to mention his policy about PayPal. If that was his only or preferred method of receiving payment, then he definitely is guilty of an oversight.

On the second one, Astromart charges an extra fee for persons using a free email service such as yahoo (something about people creating bogus account information too easily), so it is understandable that he is using another (probably seldom used) email account for Astromart.

On the third issue, I am sure he has a legitimate reason for preferring an alternate mode of shipping. As someone else mentioned, he could want tracking, or maybe the shipper is more convenient to him. You should not be offended by his request unless he was rude to you in his responses.

Again, I think I need to know more about the transaction from both sides to make a judgement, but it sounds like the communication could have been better on both sides.

Hugh Bartlett

"Praise the Lord for the expanding grandeur of creation, worlds known and unknown, galaxies beyond galaxies, filling us with awe and challenging our imaginations." 2007 Reform Siddur