Mistakenly signed up as a supporter

Started by Paul Kinzer, 01/29/2006 03:22AM
Posted 01/29/2006 03:22AM Opening Post
I hope someone can help me with this question, both technically, and ethically.

I'd like to know how I back out of being a supporter, at least temporarily. I signed up, not really knowing what would happen (not very bright, I know.)

Before I commit to paying for any ads for a product that I am thinking about making for folks on Astromart, I'd like to place an ad asking if anyone would want it. It will take an initial investment on my part for materials and some tools, so I would like to know if there is a potential market. I will not ask for commitments: that seems like cheating to me; and I want to -- and will -- pay for my ads here, IF the ads will have a chance of giving me some income.

So, is what I want to do (place a "for POTENTIAL sale" ad for a product I am thinking of making, without being a supporter) kosher? And, if so, how do I go back to being a non-supporter?

Thanks!

Paul Kinzer
Posted 01/29/2006 05:55AM #1
Hi Paul,

Yeah, I'll second what Hugh said, pick out an appropriate forum (Equipment talk?) and post a description of the product. For something interesting you'll probably get all kinds of feedback, maybe even some design/feature suggestions if applicable.

Mike
Posted 01/29/2006 07:47PM #2
Well, thanks to all of you for the pointers; they all make sense to me, even though there is a contradiction. I'll think about what is best for me to do.

Of course, right in the middle of this, some other time-consuming things that have been waiting have now been waiting too long , so it'll be a while before I get to this.

Thanks again for the quick, sensible suggestions!

Paul Kinzer