Originally Posted by JOEL SANDOVAL
Thank you for your response. Not very reassuring response I would say. It really made me feel as if I was in my own here of whatever transaction I happen to do, whether is Buy and Sell or anything. When I saw the 3 categories you had mentioned. No disrespect but I was expecting different response and to be honest something else, maybe something more dependable or some assurance that it will make me feel more secure here on the site. The way you talk as if you defending every matter in stead of trying to help with the member's issues here. All I wanted to know is why is the reason that I can't get a back up "MESSAGES" by member's I am dealing with here on the main front page, and prof of everything both parties talk about so it can be more secure. I see that as a way of taking no responsibility nor trying to help. I was expecting for N#4). So I did not get an answer as to what is the main reason why, there is a member's fees here. What are we paying for here, is this some kind of donation when we paid for membership? Would you please elaborate more of this matter? Thank you have a good day. Joel
Sounds to me like you are assuming I am associated with AM.....I am not beyond being a satisfied member for many years with way over 100 transactions, mostly purchases.
There are no guarantees anytime you are making faceless transactions. Unlike most sites AM does force real names based on membership fees in as much as possible. Due diligence on your part is still expected. The transaction feedback system here is quite helpful as well in keeping you informed of whom you are dealing with.
Not sure what you are talking about regarding "back up messages" regarding transactions. Sequence of how it should go.
1. You find something you are interested in purchasing
2. You review the persons feedback and decide if you wish to go further. You own judgment comes into the play here.
3. You click on respond to the ad and enter your message
4. The seller is sent an email to the address they have on file with your questions, offer etc.
5. When they respond it is directly to the email you registered on your account. At this point all the communication is directly with each other via direct email. (does that answer your "back up messages" concerns?)
6. Depending on the situation I usually have a conversation on the phone with the seller to get a feel for things.
7. Assuming you reach a deal, once you have received it you then enter your feedback to his profile and he to yours.
You should not be trying to complete transactions via the online private message system here which is I assume what you are talking about as you wont physically have copies of those discussions though you can see them in your PM box.
As for why there are yearly fees, there are expenses incurred in operating the site......and there is no percentage charged on each transaction like ebay does. I paid $100 a year as a supporter for a number of years in addition to the $15 yearly membership fee and never regretted it one bit.....I don't buy or sell much at all anymore so I am content to pay the $15 a year to maintain access now.