M33 Triangulum Galaxy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posting Ads on multiple sites . . . grrr

Started by Jeff Catalina, 10/15/2007 05:20PM
Posted 10/15/2007 05:20PM | Edited 10/15/2007 05:30PM Opening Post
Maybe I'm overreacting---I don't know. But in five minutes of looking, I've found no less than four ads for items on sale in the Amart classifieds (3 in the same category, btw) at the same time as in classified listings on another astro site. This peeves me. :C It's a TOS violation for starters, and that ought to be good enough for anyone. But more to the point, it's unfair to anyone else who lists their items here on Astromart because it gives the seller the advantage of more exposure for their items while those of us who play by the rules are limited to one site at a time, whatever that happens to be.

Granted, I'll take my chances here on Astromart over any other astro site's classified section. The people here are great and I've never once had a deal go sour. So there's that. wink

Now as far as I know, that other Astro site has no prohibition against listing an item on multiple sites---but Astromart does. A rule is a rule--and this one protects those of us who use the Amart classifieds from having to compete for buyers who will never see our ad.

I've contacted two of the sellers by PM and asked them to remove one of the ads, reminding them it is a violation of the TOS. The only response I've gotten was for one to relist his item at a lower price. :S

Ahhh. Thanks for letting me vent.

Jeff

Posted 10/15/2007 05:48PM #1
You could share your findings with: herb@buytelescopes.com

He is always interested in the integrity of Amart.

FWIW,
bill
Posted 10/16/2007 09:36AM #2
I find that this happens so often I thoguth that there actually was no rule at all! I do find it very disingenuous to list at both place.
Posted 11/09/2007 04:31PM #3
It seems there is a flood of dup AM and CN ads again.
I don't feel like warning each one of these about 15.2.h as I have done in the past.
I am hoping they notice this and take proper action.
Brian