My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Question about transaction

Started by elmerjfudd, 01/28/2007 01:14PM
Posted 01/28/2007 01:14PM | Edited 01/28/2007 01:43PM Opening Post
Hi all,
I made a sale with the option of money back if the product was not liked. Now the buyer has put the item for sale for more $$$ and has asked if it does not sell can the money be returned as per our original deal.

I have no problem with him making a couple bucks but in my mind if he didn't like the item fine I'd do a refund and he would send it back, not see if he can sell it and if not then send it back for a refund.

What does the A mart community think, I want to do the right thing and would like some opinions.

Thanks for any input,

Tom Houseworth
Posted 01/28/2007 01:37PM | Edited 01/28/2007 01:42PM #1
I would consider it sold. You are no longer obligated to take it back. I took a look at your transactions. Are you referring to Bob Hill of Santa Fe? If so he is already a blue ATM dealer.
Posted 01/28/2007 04:34PM #2
>>>I have no problem with him making a couple bucks but in my mind if he didn't like the item fine I'd do a refund and he would send it back, not see if he can sell it and if not then send it back for a refund.

What does the A mart community think, I want to do the right thing and would like some opinions.
---

Tom: I am with you and apparently everyone else. A money back refund is offered so that the buyer is sure that he is happy with the product and the product was properly described.

If he thinks he can make a buck selling it, fine. But that tells me that he thought it was a reasonable deal and as offered.

Seems quite inappropriate to me.

Jon
Posted 01/28/2007 05:50PM #3
Where this could really get messy, is when he sells it
to some guy, who then decides there is a problem with it.
We saw this scenario a couple months ago. Are you then
obligated to take it back from the new guy, etc.? What
happens if you do somehow get it back, and its damaged
now?
Posted 01/29/2007 04:45AM #4
By offering it for sale at a profit, he's said he thinks the scope is worth more than what he paid.

Hopefully he paid your asking price.