Re: PayPal 4% now?

Started by fblue, 11/08/2007 06:53PM
Posted 11/08/2007 06:53PM Opening Post
Hi,
Well, in my opinion it benefits the buyer the most. He gets the item much faster and from all the posts complaining about how long it takes to get something, that is important to many. smile
If you have to wait 10-14 days for a check to clear, 3-14 days for shipping depending on how and where it is shipped to and from, then it can be a month before delivery. Most people will be asking what is up by then!
The charge has been about 3.1% for PayPal. That is what my last transaction shows. However, the charge varies according to variables. If the money is exchanged from one currency to another, it will be 5% or more. Some of my transactions show higher percentages about 3.3-3.5% but no reasons are given for the difference! :S

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 11/08/2007 07:23PM #1
Some people have to complain about everything, and especially things they don't understand. When I sell something I consider my prices fair, not cheap or to hgh but I obviously want to make as much money back as possible on the item. So when I list it on Astromart and include Paypal as an option for payment, I let interested buyers know that there will be a minimum of a 3.5% Paypal fee associated with the sale. What people don't understand is that my fee is based on my monthly totals, more I sell less I pay. Well my fees range from 2.9% - 4.9% plus a $0.30 per transaction fee. And this does not include foreign exchange fees for currency exchanges. I myself will usually pay with a money order or personal check, because I do not like paying the fees to Paypal. :S

Nothing in education is so astonishing as the amount of ignorance it accumulates in the form of inert facts.