My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Was this rude of me?

Started by dguglielmo, 09/04/2007 05:55PM
Posted 09/04/2007 05:55PM Opening Post
I know I have no ratings.
I am trying to sell a telescope and have had several responses inquiring and after answering all questions they just say no - with no reason...

One response said they were from one town over and said they'd like to see the telescope and possibly in operation... my reply was:

Actually that would be much better - so it doesn't have to be shipped.

We are not the original owners - bought it from someone in upstate New York about 2 years ago. We also have an etx125 and an 10" Lx200gps and now see no reason to keep this one as well.

Are you seriously insterested and if it performs to your liking, ready to purchase it? If so we can bring it over to your house (much darker than our back yard in Waterbury) - set it up, and if you like it, we don't have to pack it up again..

They never replied -- Am I just getting tire kickers - or tested because I have no ratings?
Posted 09/04/2007 06:46PM #1
Denise, IMHO, it was nice of you to "offer" to drive it up to the "interested party"'s house for a tryout, and hope for a purchase...

Hard to tell what the intentions of the so-called purchaser were, but you were NOT rude at all... actually, it was rather nice. 8)

As Tom said, I wish you good luck on your deals...

Clear skies! wink

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 09/04/2007 07:00PM | Edited 09/04/2007 07:01PM #2
I WONDER why such an offer would be ignored.

Law enforcement type thinking, "NOW I know where it is and what ever else might be of interest."

I HOPE NOT, but not the type offer to be ignored if seriously interested, a mutually agreeable spot not too far from EITHER house also insures not knowing the actual home location, yet offers safety for the examination and negotiations.

Sorry for sounding negative, but just Sunday, SAFELY, accidently, interrupted an abduction attempt too close to my wife's and my work place and home! Intended victim and I still adding info to police report.

FWIW
Posted 09/04/2007 08:10PM #3
guess I over re-acted - about 40 minutes after the original post they responded that they are on the wall between a 10" dob on an eq mount with intelliscope or a used SCt goto.. quite different platforms...