Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

STS-114

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Why do some sellers delete ads right after sale?

Started by Doug Peterson, 09/02/2007 09:25AM
Posted 09/02/2007 09:25AM | Edited 09/02/2007 09:32AM Opening Post
As a buyer, I would like to see the For Sale ad exist up to when I receive the item, so there are no misunderstandings. The immediate deletion makes me immediately suspicious.

I don't delete my own ads for this reason, and also as a convenient history of transactions.

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 09/02/2007 09:33AM #1
In my case I normally mark the item sold, and it just disappears. Not intentional on my part.
Must be the software. I mark the item sold ASAP to discourage other inquiries.
Posted 09/02/2007 06:43PM | Edited 09/02/2007 06:45PM #2
Some time back, I went through my profile and deleted everything over ~ year old. Feedback for each sale remains, correct? That can be checked and provides me enough of a track record.

I did this as housekeeping to clear up space on the servers, thought it was a favor to the admins who run the site. It all adds up, one sale at a time.

On second thought, and since I haven't come across a request from the hosts to do this, I'll leave it all up from now on.

As for sold items, I leave it up until the transaction is complete, for the reasons stated already.

(as an aside, I have had zero problems on Amart to date grin )

Dave