Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Moon Snapshot with Starmaster 11 "Shorty"

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Why do some sellers delete ads right after sale?

Started by Doug Peterson, 09/02/2007 09:25AM
Posted 09/02/2007 09:25AM | Edited 09/02/2007 09:32AM Opening Post
As a buyer, I would like to see the For Sale ad exist up to when I receive the item, so there are no misunderstandings. The immediate deletion makes me immediately suspicious.

I don't delete my own ads for this reason, and also as a convenient history of transactions.

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 09/02/2007 09:33AM #1
In my case I normally mark the item sold, and it just disappears. Not intentional on my part.
Must be the software. I mark the item sold ASAP to discourage other inquiries.
Posted 09/02/2007 06:43PM | Edited 09/02/2007 06:45PM #2
Some time back, I went through my profile and deleted everything over ~ year old. Feedback for each sale remains, correct? That can be checked and provides me enough of a track record.

I did this as housekeeping to clear up space on the servers, thought it was a favor to the admins who run the site. It all adds up, one sale at a time.

On second thought, and since I haven't come across a request from the hosts to do this, I'll leave it all up from now on.

As for sold items, I leave it up until the transaction is complete, for the reasons stated already.

(as an aside, I have had zero problems on Amart to date grin )

Dave