Why sometimes ads suddenly disappear? Are they sca

Started by gujarbhai, 04/18/2017 07:29PM
Posted 04/18/2017 07:29PM | Edited 04/18/2017 07:30PM Opening Post
I have seen few times when few days old ads suddenly disappear. For example, there was a Losmandy G11 ad by a person name Leo Eyler for $2000 with nice photos. It looked like a great deal and I was going to make an offer but saw that the ad was originally posted in Jan 2017 and had over 1500 views but no takers. I saw item sold couple of days back but now the ad seems to have disappeared. Not saying it was scam or anything but just wondering why do some ads disappear and some ads older than those remain. Astromart is great and I have bought several items on Amart and never had any issues but I usually avoid items that are too good to be true.
Posted 04/18/2017 10:50PM #1
Avinash Patil said:

I have seen few times when few days old ads suddenly disappear. For example, there was a Losmandy G11 ad by a person name Leo Eyler for $2000 with nice photos. It looked like a great deal and I was going to make an offer but saw that the ad was originally posted in Jan 2017 and had over 1500 views but no takers. I saw item sold couple of days back but now the ad seems to have disappeared. Not saying it was scam or anything but just wondering why do some ads disappear and some ads older than those remain. Astromart is great and I have bought several items on Amart and never had any issues but I usually avoid items that are too good to be true.

There are a number of reasons an ad may disappear.

1. It contained personal contact info like phone number, links to other sites etc

2. The item sold and rather than mark it sold the seller deleted the ad (a frustrating practice unfortunately used by many)

3. It is marked as sold and no longer shows up in the listings unless you tell it to display sold items

4. The seller decided not to sell it and deleted it

5. Ads will appear to disappear after a set time from the listing unless you specify you want to see older ads....they don't really disappear and are still there....you just have to tell the system to expand the date range....

6. The seller listed it elsewhere also and it sold via there so he deleted it.

7. And lastly it was determined to be a scammer and removed

That's about all I can think of at the moment....

20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Monroe GA