"Workspace Friendly" colors

Started by billwheaton, 04/04/2008 04:59PM
Posted 04/04/2008 04:59PM Opening Post
Is there a way to change the color scheme of this website and make it stick? I like to monitor it during the day here from work, but the first page of the classifieds have those awful gaudy obvious yellow advertising rows displayed that can be seen from 5 cubicals away. As soon as I get to that page I have to scroll them away from view.

Are there any plans to clean it up? Even the line of emoticons here in this forum is a dead give away that I am goofing off. I mean really, emoticons are so 2003.

-Bill
Posted 04/04/2008 05:38PM #1
Bill Wheaton said:

I mean really, emoticons are so 2003.

-Bill

I can't help you with your actual question Bill, but by and large I agree about the emoticons. What really bugs me are the actively dancing uber-stupid eye-rolling sign-waving animated emoticons some other forum sites have. They seem to drag the level of discussion down to junior high level all by themselves. Of course junior high level maybe the best level of discussion achievable by those who like actively dancing uber-stupid eye-rolling sign-waving animated emoticons.

Jim
Posted 04/07/2008 08:51PM #2
Problem solved

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000SHP27G/interactiveya8731-20

Not that I spend any time at work on astromart...

wink

Jim 8)
www.laas.org
Posted 04/13/2008 08:47AM | Edited 04/13/2008 08:50AM #3
This may help

Internet Explorer:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessibility -> Ignore colors specified in web pages.

Firefox:
Tools -> Options -> Content -> Colors

These settings will change the colors of every website you visit, not just Astromart.