Full moon 8-12-22

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

old telescope identification

Started by metalhead0124, 12/21/2010 06:29PM
Posted 12/21/2010 06:29PM Opening Post
could anybody help me identify this beautiful old telescope. i rebuilt it and there are no markings on it except for the pyrex stamp on the main eight inch mirror, and the small bodine motor that drive the main arm. it is really put together well and weighs four hundred pounds. the main drive gear is brass, setting circles are aluminum. any help would be greatly appreciated. original color was drab green. tube is welded steel. finder scope has cross hatches etched into the eyepiece.

Attached Image:

metalhead0124's attachment for post 52476
Posted 12/22/2010 06:21AM #1
thomas marabillas said:

could anybody help me identify this beautiful old telescope. i rebuilt it and there are no markings on it except for the pyrex stamp on the main eight inch mirror, and the small bodine motor that drive the main arm. it is really put together well and weighs four hundred pounds. the main drive gear is brass, setting circles are aluminum. any help would be greatly appreciated. original color was drab green. tube is welded steel. finder scope has cross hatches etched into the eyepiece.

Not immediately familiar. If you don't get an answer here, run this by the boffins on the CN Classic scope board...

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/
Posted 12/22/2010 11:23AM #2
Nice scope, I have no idea what it is.
A CN post would probably get it ID'd