IC410

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Orion 15 x 63 Mini-Giants?

Started by jwilson, 09/09/2007 02:50PM
Posted 09/09/2007 02:50PM Opening Post
Hi. Does anyone out there have experience with the Orion 15 x 63 Mini-Giants? I'm interested in them because of the long eye relief listed in the Orion catalog... I need it for observing with glasses. Is the long eye relief for real and does the image hold up at all well off-axis? Thanks in advance, John.
Posted 09/30/2007 03:17PM #1
John Wilson said:

Hi. Does anyone out there have experience with the Orion 15 x 63 Mini-Giants? I'm interested in them because of the long eye relief listed in the Orion catalog... I need it for observing with glasses. Is the long eye relief for real and does the image hold up at all well off-axis? Thanks in advance, John.

Hi John, I have a pair of Little Giants 15X63 that I purchased several years ago. I don't wear glasses but I honestly don't think you could observe with my binocs while wearing glasses. When I purchased them I really had no clue as to what a good pair of binoculars were. Mine suffer from coma on the outer-third of the objective. They're fine with objects placed in the center. I'm so used to it that it doesn't really bother me. The only other gripe I have with them are that they are fairly heavy. If I were to do it over again, I would have researched harder and longer.

Mike