pileated woodpecker

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Tele Vue/Vixen partnership

Started by light trap, 05/17/2002 08:35AM
Posted 05/17/2002 08:35AM Opening Post
Did folks on this forum notice the news in the TeleVue forum that they are going to become a US distributor for Vixen? This has the potential to substantially change the US large binocular market somewhat. I'm hoping that they'll carry the entire Vixen line of binoculars, spotters and telescopes.
Posted 05/17/2002 02:34PM #1
Yes! I have my eye on Vixen's #20 100BCF model. 5mm exit pupil, 21mm eye relief, and 100mm appature! Orion said they couldn't get it. I recently wrote to Vixen in Japan to inquire about a better way to distribute their products here in the US. I'm glad to learn on Astromart that TeleVue will be carrying Vixen's products. I hope to learn more next week at the telescope makers convention in Big Bear.
Posted 06/05/2002 09:26PM #2
I recently spoke to the person in charge of Vixen N. America about getting the Vixen 125mm interchangeable eypiece binocular telescope. He told me at this time they don't plan on importing any of the Vixen Binoculars. He said that you might be able to special order them from various dealers who would special order from Vixen Japan. He said that unless theres a big demand it won't be somthing they will stock here in the U.S.