My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Amazing new news!!!!!!!!!!

Started by DonDurbin, 12/12/2004 11:36PM
Posted 12/12/2004 11:36PM Opening Post
Hi All,

If you look at the subject line there are 10 exclamation points in the title. The reason is this news is a definite '10' shocked

On the Binoviewers-And-Eyepieces-Unlimited group Harry Siebert announced that he is actively working with Russ at Denkmeier to develop a version of the Denkmeier Power Switch Diagonal for use with Siebert 2" Binoviewers. 8O

Below is the link. grin 8) grin

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Binoviewers-And-Eyepieces-Unlimited/message/253
Posted 12/13/2004 04:57AM #1
We are not actively working with other comnpanies on our projects nor do we intend to. The upcoming versions of our patent pending Power x Switch Diagnals including the current SCT Version for single eyepieces listed in Sky & Telescope's "Hot Products of 2005" were conceived and developed soley by members of our company, Denkmeier Optical, Inc. Any version that we introduce will be the result of this work. And, it was hard work.

We understand what is needed to allow the Power Switch Diagonal to operate with other binoviewers and single eyepieces if parameters are supplied to us.

I did politely respond to Siebert's email query regarding the diagonal and his binoviewers. I suppose this resulted in a misunderstanding.

So, let's make this clear:
In the past, we have made adapters allowing our patent pending OCS SYSTEMS to operate with other binoviewers. Our Patent Pending Power x Switch Diagonals
should also operate with many binoviewers and we will introduce these varieties when our machining is complete. All of the neccessary testing for proper operation with typical binoviewers was done a long time ago. I myself spent many nights logging performance notes using versions of the Power x Switch Diagonal with and without binoviewers in several telescope designs before the summer of 2005. Our actual conception of such diagonals utilizing our Power x Switches arrived well before that.

We have requests all of time where we are asked to design or tweak our systems to operate with other products like the Bino Vue, Baader et al. The same occurs with certain telescopes like the TAK FSQ 106, Tal Klestov, and currently the PST. Our response has been the same; "We will consider tweaking our system for your device's specific optical and/or mechanical requirements". Ask Klestov owner Randy Perry who sent us his Tal components 3 years ago.

There are many Bino Vue and Baader users that achieve low power views due to the OCS and special adapters that we made a few years ago in response to the same type of inquiries. We have always tried to accomodate the astro-community to the best of our abilities.

The Klestov was successfully tackled , and currently the FSQ 102 solution will soon be machined. Our response to the Siebert query was done politely and we stated that we would consider tweaking the Diagonals when the time comes if there is a special need. If and when, we just need a few parameters. There was never any intention of doing a joint project.

We are here to answer you questions so perhaps you might consider emailing us before you make an announcement like this. I am sure that you meant no harm and I am flattered that you considered it to be important news.

We are very psyched about the various versions of our Denkmeier Power Switch Diagonal soon to be announced when we thinki that the time is right. This will avert the tendency of some to imply that we peddle vapor ware. If it can aid in making other binoviewers operate better, than so be it. There's room for many brands at various levels in this expanding market, a market that is certainly in it's early stages.

Russ/Denkmeier Optical, Inc.
Posted 12/13/2004 11:50AM | Edited 12/13/2004 11:55AM #2
It would appear that "actively working with" is not quite the case.

Harry Siebert has withdrawn his original post.

I apologize for propagating unconfirmed news. cwy

I currently have a Denkmeier Power Switch on order and I own a Siebert 2" Binoviewer. This sounded really great to me.

Don Durbin