Image of the day

Captured by
Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Anyone get a BO bino to work in a Klevzov?

Started by loutheblueguru, 11/26/2006 12:45AM
Posted 11/26/2006 12:45AM Opening Post
I got a BO cheapy about a year ago. It wouldn't work in my reflectors so I tried the 1.9X Barlow with an extension tube from Scope Stuff. Still wouldn't work. I recently got the 1.25X OCA form Siebert and now it works fine in the reflectors. In my 200K Klevzov f/10 scope it not only doesn't work no matter what, you cannot even see any starlight getting through the eyepieces! The scope's mirror looks interesting, but I really wanted to see some stars. Any suggestions.

Lou
Posted 12/06/2006 04:34PM #1
Hi Louis,

Can you describe the Klevzov in more detail. I looked it up on the internet and it looked pretty much like an SCT. Most SCT's will focus binoveiwers without any corrector at all.

If you are seeing the scopes mirror in your EP's then it sounds like you have a hefty focal reducer somewhere in the light path.

Is it possible the Klevzov has a built in focal reducer? At F10 I would not think that was the case.

Don Durbin
Posted 12/09/2006 03:25AM | Edited 12/09/2006 03:26AM #2
Have you contacted Harry and explained
your problem to him. With your non-moving primary and lack of in-travel
to reach focus you will need one of Harry's more complex OCA designs with a smaller in-travel requirement. Harry makes a 1.8x OCA that is parfocal and should solve your problems.
Scotty