Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Best Low-Power 2" EP's for 2" BV are...?

Started by Hootscoot, 12/05/2009 01:39PM
Posted 12/05/2009 01:39PM | Edited 12/05/2009 01:40PM Opening Post
For Siebert Elite 45 BV, I have a pair of 22mm Nagler type 4's.
Recommendations for a low-power pair: good build quality, eye relief that is not excessive; relatively affordable, works with an IPD of 65mm; field stop that can make use of the larger format BV; not too heavy.
I have found that these criteria narrow the field of contenders pretty quickly.
Short of loading up with Multimags and sticking with the Naglers, what are my options?
At first blush, it looks like the Baader-hyperion Aspherics, either 36mm or 30mm may hit that "sweet spot", but I will defer to the expertise of the more experienced participants of this Forum.
Thanks! smile

JMI NGT-18 f/10 GoTo Reflector, "Magellan"
C11 f/10 CFT XLT Fastar, "Dave"
CotoSKY 8.25" f/6 Achromat, "Blackjack"
Meade AR6 f/8 Achromat, "Kalliopi"
WO FLT 110 f/7 Apo, "Apollo"
Coronado PST f/10 "Icarus"
Canon IS 15 X 50 Binoculars
Losmandy G11/Gemini4
Discmounts DM-6, Sky Commander, StarBeam
Denk II Universal Power X Switch Binoviewer
Mallincam HPC/Watek monitor
Collins I3/Astronomik H-a/Starsweeper
Celestron SkyScout
...and some nice glass.
Posted 12/05/2009 03:41PM #1
For Siebert 45mm Elites, I always found that the best EP's were the Siebert 2" 36mm Observatory EP's.

Don Durbin
Posted 09/05/2018 12:02AM #2
Ive been thinking about the same problem, as I just got a 45mm Seibert.  I have his EPs, but was thinking about the 22nag and for low power the new maysuyama 32 degrees.  I read the center 70 is great and while the outer edge is soft I think thats just a framing effect for me.  The KK Widescan IIs are an option, but hard to piece together.  Also, the older Axioms would be nice too...I will try to assemble a set eventually.