Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Bino Head Conversion

Started by stellardog, 10/13/2003 04:13AM
Posted 10/13/2003 04:13AM Opening Post
I have a few telescopes, and a few pairs of binoculars.
I've always wished I could merge the two. I love the perseption I get with two eyes, therefore I wish I could try binoveiwing, with my scopes. I have a couple of reflectors, and a refractor. All home made. I really can't afford the name brand scopes, unless I settled on one, which I don't wish to do, because I love all of my scopes.
What I do wish to do,is try binoveiwing. I can't however, afford hundreds of dollars for a binoveiwer. What I do have though, is a nice bino-microscope head. I know it wouldn't compair to those fancy, professionally made veiwers, but is there anyone out there that can help me convert, or find information on converting these for use with my telescopes ? What parts I need, how to make them, or who can make them for me, or where I can buy them ? At least until I can save up enough money for a good pair someday. Anybody ?
Posted 10/14/2003 07:29PM #1
Try Ken at
http://users.kricket.net/ken/rings/rings_main.html
His email is [email protected]

He made me an adapter for a Zeiss microscope head, and has made other adapters for other brands as well.

If you have a good quality microscope head, it can turn out quite well and for a LOT less! Further, buying microscope eyepieces is cheaper, and many of them are very good quality.

I did not need any optical corrector to bring the Zeiss microscope conversion to focus on either an Apex 127 Mak-Cass or an 11" SCT.

Happy Binoviewing,
Tim
Posted 10/27/2003 12:58AM #2
Denkmeier is running a promo now - the Denk Standard with either the OCS (Barlow) or StarSweeper (Focal Reducer) for $599 - $220 down (incl $20 for shipping) and $66.50/mo for 6 months, no interest.