Goldfinch and Echinacea

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Future of Binoviewing ?

Started by Brian Goodman, 02/18/2004 07:57PM
Posted 02/18/2004 07:57PM Opening Post
Do you think that Binoviewing is really going to make an impact on amateur Astronomy in the years to come?. From reading the post's here , and on other forums ,it seems to be really taking off. I wonder if someday soon Celestron and Meade will develop Binoviewers specifically designed for their SCT's that can be added as an option at the time of purchase, or can be built in with no added corrector's. Something that has no added magnification. Something that is not just an accessary, but built into the scope. But , then again, their input could be a bad thing. Two eyes are certainly better than one, and I think it's going to be the future of amateur telescopes to come if all the little problems can be worked out. Did'nt TeleVue have a built in Binoviewer once on one of their Refractors?. Five years from now; who knows.
Posted 02/19/2004 04:49AM #1
Hi Brian. I think binoviewing is really starting to catch on. There are people that were naysayers or that had tried it years ago and had written it off, but have tried it again and now sing the praises. The equipment has improved a lot. Neat new accessories are being developed, checkout the Siebert 6 in 1 and the Denkmeier Power Switch (gotta get me one of those). It still isn't for everyone, but everyone should at least give it a shot.

The Tele Vue unit you mentioned was called the Bizzario I believe. Wasn't Tom Hole going to build one with a Burgess scope?

Celestron did/does have a binoviewer although not just for
their SCT's. Here is a pic...

Pat G.

Attached Image:

pgillies's attachment for post 76529