M42

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

My Guess

Started by Jose Magsaysay, 12/16/2003 08:44AM
Posted 12/16/2003 08:44AM Opening Post
I think the photograph is made up of acutally only one half of the binoviewer, and "stitched" together asymetrically to look like a real binoviewer (with two barrels). .
Posted 12/16/2003 10:48AM #1
i, too, feel as if the 2 sides are mirror images of each other, but only the diopters, not the rest of the binoviewer.

ds
Posted 12/22/2003 10:49PM #2
Yes, it is a picture of one side of the binoviewer. It has been reversed and combined to look like a complete binoviewer. There are patterns in the background and on the unit itself (marks on the barrel and very dim little splotches of red) that show it is a composit of 2 halves of one picture (looks almost like the silly schrink pictures where they ask......."what do you see?". "Uh, I see a , oh, a binoviewer". I guess I must be normal. On the top cap of the center stalk you can see what looks like a pair of impressed labels (two single lines-"BlackNight"?) running front to back. They are almost identicle, but have been modified intensionally or accidentally. They look just a little bit different. If you look at the entire picture this way, as one half photo mirrored, it is not difficult to see.