ATWB Customer Service

Started by Harry Drutok, 04/21/2005 11:27PM
Posted 04/21/2005 11:27PM Opening Post
Hi Folks,
I bought a WO 2" diagonal for SCTs from ATWB on the 13th. As of yesterday, 20 April it had not arrived. I called ATWB (Robert) for assistance. Robert was extremely helpful in tracking down and getting the diagonal delivered to me. Apparently, the part sat in the Albuquerque Fed Ex terminal for about 5 days.

Anyway, thanks ATWB for the help! Great customer service!

Harry
Posted 04/22/2005 04:55AM #1
That is a good story. I have a little different story....

On December 5 last year I ordered a Universal Astronomics Unistar Deluxe mount and heavy wood surveyor's tripod from ATWB. I would have ordered it directly from Larry at Universal Astronomics, but I wanted to support ATWB. I got a call from Robert about what kind of dovetail I had, so he could make the order right. I appreciated that. A couple of weeks later I called to enquire about the order status, since I know there is a wait on most Universal Astronomics orders. Robert told me that he called Larry and there was a slight delay. The order would probably be shipped in mid-January. Fine, I thought, since I expected a delay.

So, mid-January came, and no mount. I sent an email to Robert, but no reply. I waited another month, and sent another email. Still no reply. I waited still another month and sent another email. And still no reply. Now it is over a month later (more than four months since the order) and still no mount, and no update from ATWB. I am starting to wonder if the order is in the system. I feel like canceling the order and getting something else. But not from ATWB.

I guess I should get on the phone and bitch in person, but I just thought I would share this with y'all first.