The Iris Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Criteion Drive Corrector, HELP!

Started by NB, 01/27/2011 09:53AM
Posted 01/27/2011 09:53AM Opening Post
I picked this unit up without any paperwork. The seller let me take it WITHOUT payment till I can check it out.
I floundered around checking it, found no voltage variation, then discovered that it does frequency mods. The output runs about 213V at no load, and about 130 +/- volts with the RV-6 plugged in. Frequency goes from about 56 hertz to 63 hertz when plugged into the wall. I never did get any reading out of the 12V plug. I then forgot to get back to the seller for about 5 days and just recieved an inquiry. I'm a space

I really need specs and a copy of the full directions to correctly check this.

help,
Neil

Attached Image:

NB's attachment for post 52717
Posted 01/27/2011 09:53AM #1
Here's the back.

Attached Image:

NB's attachment for post 139686
Posted 01/27/2011 03:22PM #2
Neil Barnett said:

I picked this unit up without any paperwork. The seller let me take it WITHOUT payment till I can check it out.
I floundered around checking it, found no voltage variation, then discovered that it does frequency mods. The output runs about 213V at no load, and about 130 +/- volts with the RV-6 plugged in. Frequency goes from about 56 hertz to 63 hertz when plugged into the wall. I never did get any reading out of the 12V plug. I then forgot to get back to the seller for about 5 days and just recieved an inquiry. I'm a space

I really need specs and a copy of the full directions to correctly check this.

help,
Neil

The knob on the HC allows you to vary the driver corrector's frequency. That changes the speed of a synchronous motor, an AC motor, which is what this was designed for.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/