Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Need Help to Repair Celestron 25 X 100 Sky Master Binoculars

Started by lkincosmos, 05/13/2022 04:12PM
Posted 05/13/2022 04:12PM Opening Post
The binoculars in question were damaged at a public outreach event.   The right ocular or ocular cover (no lense) was found on the ground.  After replacing it, it would not come to focus and can be continuallly turned in both direction.  The left ocular will stop turning in both directions and will focus.  I believe a part or parts may be missing..  Celestron tech support had neither parts or ides and suggested I check with a repair shop that is evidently out of business.  If anyone can suggest where I may go to seek a remedy, please advise.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance and clear skies.
Larry
Posted 05/14/2022 12:44AM #1
Originally Posted by Larry Kane
The binoculars in question were damaged at a public outreach event.   The right ocular or ocular cover (no lense) was found on the ground.  After replacing it, it would not come to focus and can be continuallly turned in both direction.  The left ocular will stop turning in both directions and will focus.  I believe a part or parts may be missing..  Celestron tech support had neither parts or ides and suggested I check with a repair shop that is evidently out of business.  If anyone can suggest where I may go to seek a remedy, please advise.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance and clear skies.
Larry
Try Oberwerk and see if they can help you or suggest someone who can:
https://oberwerk.com/
Posted 05/23/2022 12:49AM #2
Try Suddarth Optical, my friend had his binoculars repaired by them, he was extremely happy.
Good Luck.

Bob
Posted 05/23/2022 02:04AM #3
Thanks for the referral but I did talk to him.  He said he could not get the parts from Celestron.