HorseHead and Flame

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Skyshed Pod

Started by scottw, 04/26/2006 07:53AM
Posted 04/26/2006 07:53AM Opening Post
Well whats the word on this company? The POD seems pretty good from what the information they have released so far. Could be a choice between the POD and going with explora-dome.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Scott
Posted 04/26/2006 08:04AM #1
Not much information is available yet on THE POD...
I applied for BETA Testing, but doubt this product will be finished before I start building my observatory again...

They say it will be some weeks before they release NEWS and Info, and i guess all we can do is wait... 8)

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 04/26/2006 08:41AM | Edited 04/26/2006 08:41AM #2
From what I can gather it will be a reasonable competition for the Explora-Dome. I guess it will depend on whether you want a dome complete in a seven foot round configuration or if you want to do some of the work yourself and build an eight foot custom. I will admit I have a dog in this fight. I was one of the first to build using a calf barn and have been in on the design and discussion of the Explora-Dome for many months. My money is on the Explora-Dome. It's bigger, appears to have more flexibility in design and I'll bet cheaper. Time will tell. One thing is for sure; the day of the $5000.00 dome is going to change and for the better I feel.

Clear Dark Skies
Magic Man
Star Shooter Mobile Observatory