My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Intes Micro Maksutov Cassagrains

Started by NebSteve, 11/03/2014 06:55PM
Posted 11/03/2014 06:55PM | Edited 11/03/2014 06:57PM Opening Post
Hi All,
I was looking back through articles I submitted six years ago. Most were about all the improvements, bells and whistles for the Meade 7" MAK. I'm about to embark on another risky venture. Installing a Feathertouch focuser to control the moving mirror on my Alter 10/10. I bought the OTA years ago in Seattle from another Maksutov fan. He kept the Atrosital, I got the one with Quartz glass.

Besides George and myself, I know there must be other Intes Micro Maksutov owners out there. The moving mirror is pretty cool on these scopes, as it rides on a helix rather than getting pushed and pulled by a draw-bar. I picked up the geared focus knob assembly meant for a Celestron 9.25" SCT at the show in Tucson, and hope to adapt it to the Alter. Yes, I could just hang a Crayford focuser on the scope back, but I'm trying to improve back focus too.

What I'm looking for here is if anyone has had success at this same procedure. If so give me a shout. I'm also looking at how many people would consider it if it were readily available. That way I can give Starlight some useful feedback once the procedure and materials are known.

Thanks,
Steve
smile
Posted 12/21/2014 05:39PM #1
Hi Steve,

How is the Feather Touch focuser upgrade going on your MCT? My M809 can uses a similar focuser upgrade.

Allen