Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Venus Transit

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Do Meade LXD and other mounts fit on Vixen hubs...

Started by Steven lynn, 12/18/2010 11:35AM
Posted 12/18/2010 11:35AM Opening Post
I should know this, but for various reasons I have tilted toward Vixen products, but away from Meade. Not rational reasons. Some of you are old enough to remember before the 1980's that some families were "Ford" families, and some were "Chevy" families. Inter-marriage was unthinkable! It's like that. So I don't know much about the Meade mounts.

Anyway, can the Meade LX and other mounts fit on a Vixen hub? The green and black era Vixen, for the Super and Great Polaris family of mounts. The hub with the little tip sticking up?

Thanks,
Steven

The only thing wrong with censorship is [deleted].

Posted 12/20/2010 07:00AM | Edited 12/20/2010 07:02AM #1
Steven Lynn said:

I should know this, but for various reasons I have tilted toward Vixen products, but away from Meade. Not rational reasons. Some of you are old enough to remember before the 1980's that some families were "Ford" families, and some were "Chevy" families. Inter-marriage was unthinkable! It's like that. So I don't know much about the Meade mounts.

Anyway, can the Meade LX and other mounts fit on a Vixen hub? The green and black era Vixen, for the Super and Great Polaris family of mounts. The hub with the little tip sticking up?

Thanks,
Steven

Not sure what you mean by "hub"...do you mean the dovetail/saddle?

It's also not clear what you men by LX or LXD? Which telescope are you referring to? If you mean "LXD75" or "LXD55," these scopes come with Vixen compatible dovetails and will go right onto a Vixen mount.

At any rate, Vixen style dovetails are available for many scopes, and are what you will need to mount a telescope on a Vixen mount.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/