Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

North American Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

If you have any questions or experiencing an issue please report to support@astromart.com

Vixen Super Polaris DMD-3 HC Problem

Started by Oddog, 01/12/2018 05:57PM
Posted 01/12/2018 05:57PM Opening Post
Recently picked a Vixen Super Polaris with both motors and the DMD-3 hand controller. All the controls seem to work fine exept the RA motor in the east direction. Setting the speed at 16x I get obvious movement with all directional buttons and both motors except with the button on the east (9 o/clock position, the one labeled 'Stop').

With the motors on and tracking that button will stop the tracking movement but won't turn the motor at the 16x speed as I would expect. I tried switching the plugs and I get the same results but of course with the other motor so I think I've isolated the issue to the HC.

However I'm hoping that I'm just not fully understanding how this drive system works...am I missing somthing?

Tom Duncan
Posted 01/12/2018 11:10PM #1
Got to use the mount this evening and discovered when pressing the east/stop button the mount doesn't stop tracking but moves it in reverse at the 2x rate, regardless of where the 2x/16x switch is at. The movement matches the other three directions in 2x rate. It doesn't stop the tracking, which I would expect it to, so that button does not act as a "Stop" button.

Tom
Posted 02/14/2019 11:44PM #2
Hello Tom,

I have one that works as you describe. I think it acts like my Atlas does and just interrupts the tracking while you push the button but never actually "stops" it. 

Ross