IC410

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

where to purchase proper lube for gear drive in sm

Started by Tech, 09/25/2010 07:47AM
Posted 09/25/2010 07:47AM Opening Post
HELLO, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PURCHAE DRIVE GEAR LUBE FOR MY NEXSTAR 11 GPS SCOPE.CELESTRON INFORMS ME THAT THE PROPER LUBRICANT IS (KLUBERTEMP HM 83-402),BUT AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING IT AVAILABLE IN SMALL QUANITY.WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH THIS MATTER. THANKS, PAUL
Posted 09/25/2010 08:05AM #1
Unless you are dead-set on using the mfg. original grease, what about Super Lube? From the S.L. website:

Super Lube® Grease is a patented synthetic NLGI grade 2 heavy-duty, multipurpose lubricant with PTFE. Synthetic base fluids and the addition of PTFE micro powders combine to form a premium lubricant that provides longer life protection against friction, wear, rust and corrosion. Machinery lasts longer, downtime is reduced, and productivity is increased. Super Lube® is compatible with most other lubricants and will not run, drip, evaporate or form gummy deposits, and will not melt or separate.

Super Lube® is Food Grade, rated H-1 by the USDA and NSF for incidental food contact. It is an excellent Dielectric and operates over a temperature range from -45° to 450° F.

It has the temp range, and the PTFE (teflon).

I got a 3 oz. tube at Harbor Freight for $6 last week to relube my Atlas mount. Just a suggestion!