Parallax

Started by sjs42, 10/25/2005 03:35PM
Posted 10/25/2005 03:35PM Opening Post
N.C. is not only the home of quality furniture.
Parallax is perhaps not best known for Newtonian telescopes, but I happened to buy their 10" plentary Newtonian that was offered on A-Mart in mid- September. I was short on cash when the ad came up and Mr.Nastasi kindly let me make a nominal down payment while he held the scope for me.
I received the telescope yesterday. The packing and shipment was of the highest order, exceeded only by the beauty and quality of the scope.
It's reassuring in this day and age of stream line production that there still is still a place for the Joe Nastasis of the world. The telescope just radiates quality from cosmetics to performance.
I had cloudy skies last night , but just a quick unstable mounting gave me views of Mars and doubles like I've never seen. I don't photograph so I am just going to save for a mount pier system from parallax to do this telescope justice.
By the way, Mr. Nastasi offers personalized service to the nth degree.
Note: I've never met Mr. Nastasi nor had anything to do w/ his products until I saw that ad. I just couldn't keep silent upon receiving this gorgeous telescope.
Anyone else have one of these?
Posted 10/25/2005 04:45PM #1
Hi Steve,
They sure look nice, but are definitely not cheap huh? smile Cost is always high for quality though. I have not had the pleasure of using one, but they look like they would perform as well as they look.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 10/25/2005 08:32PM #2
I echo Steve's experience with Parallax. I only have high praise for Joe and his company.
Posted 10/25/2005 10:55PM #3
I have dealt with Joe on numerous occasions and he is first rate in every respect. My 8" F/12 D&G rides on a wonderfully solid Parallax HD 150 mount. It is extremely well made, tracks flawlessly and looks great as well. Joe is a fine craftsman who provides excellence in both his products and customer support.