TScopes 14"

Started by arawson, 04/17/2005 01:36PM
Posted 04/17/2005 01:36PM Opening Post
Looking to move up from my 10" dob but want to stay fairly portable. Ed Taychert's 14" TScope looks like the perfect answer for good quality,lightweight and a great price. Just looking for anybody's thoughts on this scope and any recommendations such as; plate glass vs pyrex, is the Swayze mirror worth the extra $$'s, standard focuser vs Moonlite.
Love to here from any Tscopes owners.
Thanks,
Andy
Posted 04/17/2005 10:34PM #1
For a mirror over 8-10" I would recommend that you stick to Pyrex. Buy the best mirror you can afford as it will give you the most return for your investment.
T-scopes are quite nice and affordable. He uses good materials and the parts are cut with high tech gear for a good fit.
Depending on what you are looking for his products seem to be a good value. Light weigh, nice design and he offers some nice mirrors.
I thought about his scopes for my new Zambuto mirror, but decided to have Michael Zammit make the scope for technical reason. He is not quite as cheap however, but the aluminum construction is excellent.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 06/20/2005 03:34PM #2
I hope to have my REAL soon Andrew. I ordered mine Sept, 2004. I plan on writing up a lengthy review since not many are available online. I'll probably post it here and at CN.