Meade 6000 115mm and 130mm Reducer discontinued?

Started by duboisst7, 03/19/2021 02:39AM
Posted 03/19/2021 02:39AM Opening Post
I searched in advance for this topic so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.

SO I just ordered my first Refractor a Meade 6000 115mm triplet for less than $2000 which considering the reviews and availability seemed like a bargain. 

I figured at the time I could buy the Field Flattener later. Well to my surprise I learned that it's discontinued and Meade support had no answer about a replacement and said "they are working on it"

My question goes out to anyone that has purchased a suitable replacement and can tell me where to source as I bought this scope for imaging and well that's not going to be ideal if I can't find a flattener.

Another question is has anyone mounted a autofocuser on this scope? and if so which one? 

Thanks in advance,
-Steve

[email protected]
www.p2images.com
Posted 03/25/2021 11:26PM #1
Originally Posted by Stephen Dubois
I searched in advance for this topic so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.

SO I just ordered my first Refractor a Meade 6000 115mm triplet for less than $2000 which considering the reviews and availability seemed like a bargain. 

I figured at the time I could buy the Field Flattener later. Well to my surprise I learned that it's discontinued and Meade support had no answer about a replacement and said "they are working on it"

My question goes out to anyone that has purchased a suitable replacement and can tell me where to source as I bought this scope for imaging and well that's not going to be ideal if I can't find a flattener.

Another question is has anyone mounted a autofocuser on this scope? and if so which one? 

Thanks in advance,
-Steve
You can try the generic astrotech flattener that goes for around $125-135. Check out Ed Ting's video that discusses it with astrotech 115 apo which is the same scope as yours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE18PBQRzDQ&t=549s