Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Mars opposition

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Meade 6000 115mm and 130mm Reducer discontinued?

Started by duboisst7, 03/18/2021 07:39PM
Posted 03/18/2021 07:39PM Opening Post
I searched in advance for this topic so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.

SO I just ordered my first Refractor a Meade 6000 115mm triplet for less than $2000 which considering the reviews and availability seemed like a bargain. 

I figured at the time I could buy the Field Flattener later. Well to my surprise I learned that it's discontinued and Meade support had no answer about a replacement and said "they are working on it"

My question goes out to anyone that has purchased a suitable replacement and can tell me where to source as I bought this scope for imaging and well that's not going to be ideal if I can't find a flattener.

Another question is has anyone mounted a autofocuser on this scope? and if so which one? 

Thanks in advance,
-Steve

steve@p2images.com
www.p2images.com
Posted 03/25/2021 04:26PM #1
Originally Posted by Stephen Dubois
I searched in advance for this topic so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.

SO I just ordered my first Refractor a Meade 6000 115mm triplet for less than $2000 which considering the reviews and availability seemed like a bargain. 

I figured at the time I could buy the Field Flattener later. Well to my surprise I learned that it's discontinued and Meade support had no answer about a replacement and said "they are working on it"

My question goes out to anyone that has purchased a suitable replacement and can tell me where to source as I bought this scope for imaging and well that's not going to be ideal if I can't find a flattener.

Another question is has anyone mounted a autofocuser on this scope? and if so which one? 

Thanks in advance,
-Steve
You can try the generic astrotech flattener that goes for around $125-135. Check out Ed Ting's video that discusses it with astrotech 115 apo which is the same scope as yours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE18PBQRzDQ&t=549s