ROSETTE

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

TEC200ED Owners

Started by lthaxton, 10/07/2016 06:51AM
Posted 10/07/2016 06:51AM Opening Post
I recently acquired one of these beautiful scopes and was wondering what other owners may have learned using theirs. My plan is to use it primarily as a visual scope and I intend to install it in a rolloff structure on a permanent pier and a Losmandy HGM-200. Any advice on pier height? I am leaning toward a 54" tall pier so there is adequate height for comfortable, seated observing.

In order to raise the tube in the saddle I plan to mount an auxiliary scope on a second set of tube rings via Losmandy guide scope rings. I have an FC-76 and a couple of 4" APOs but am curious what others have done, or how much weight was needed.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!
Posted 12/21/2016 11:01AM #1
Derek Wong has one of these setup in his private observatory.

Aravind

larry thaxton said:

I recently acquired one of these beautiful scopes and was wondering what other owners may have learned using theirs. My plan is to use it primarily as a visual scope and I intend to install it in a rolloff structure on a permanent pier and a Losmandy HGM-200. Any advice on pier height? I am leaning toward a 54" tall pier so there is adequate height for comfortable, seated observing.

In order to raise the tube in the saddle I plan to mount an auxiliary scope on a second set of tube rings via Losmandy guide scope rings. I have an FC-76 and a couple of 4" APOs but am curious what others have done, or how much weight was needed.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!
Posted 02/26/2017 05:54AM #2
Larry, as it's been a little while, I'm curious as to your impressions of the scope.

Jeff

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" 8O