Trifid Nebula, m20

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Thomas Back Passes...

Started by Hootscoot, 09/21/2007 01:39PM
Posted 09/25/2007 05:25AM #20

The Astronomy community lost a shinning star.
requiescat in pace TMB
Posted 09/25/2007 06:04AM #21
Forum Member

Julie, thanks for posting the photo. Thomas looked really young back then! And it's great to see him immersed in his passion - actually looking into the eyepiece....

Mark
Posted 09/26/2007 01:11PM | Edited 09/26/2007 01:25PM #22
Julie,

You captured as aspect of Tom very well, and it's so true. I consider Tom as the absolute kindest and warmest individual I have ever come across in this hobby...doubly so considering him as a vendor as well. He always had time to talk, was always most considerate of what you wanted and not what he made or designed, and always seemed to be concerned about how he could help you. He was a rare and one-of-a-kind person that all of us, from observers to vendors in the hobby, can learn much from. A rare and brilliant human being who was a true innovator. Wishing his soul Gods speed into the heart of the heavens he so loved to observe.

-Bill
Posted 09/26/2007 01:58PM #23
A brilliant and talented man. By all accounts he is as well regarded in his field, as much as he was a genuine and warm person.

Thomas,

I never had a chance to meet you, but you leave surely knowing the joy you brought so many.

May you rest in peace. And may your family know the love and esteem this community has for you.
Posted 10/01/2007 06:27PM #24
So sad... Rest in peace Thomas. You touched many more lives than you could have imagined. Condolences to your family.