Image of the day

Captured by
Pete Eliason

Prominence

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

What is the difference between TV diagonal and the TV Everbright on Genesis sdf?

Started by Mock Tender, 01/25/2021 04:29AM
Posted 01/25/2021 04:29AM | Edited 01/25/2021 04:30AM Opening Post
I have been looking through Cloudy Nights and Astromart.  I notice that some of the classified ads showed some TV Genesis with "Everbright Diagonals"!  With the word Everbright etched or stickered on.  My diagonal looks exactly the same- but does not say Everbright.

So what is the difference?

Attached Image:

Mock Tender's attachment for post 179024
Posted 09/15/2023 08:32PM #1
I would suspect if the diagonal is original to the scope it is the enhanced diagonal and not Everbrite. I am not sure if they made the Everbrite when they were making the Genesis. The Genesis I had did not have the Everbrite.

Also, I found out recently that some of the original TV diagonals, I assume they were the enhanced, did not have any sticker or other identification.

My understanding is the difference is in light transmission where the Enhanced is bout 96% and the Everbrite is about 99%. I think the Everbrite surface is a little more durable.

I suspect you would have great eyesight if you could detect the difference in a Genesis between 96% and 99% light transmission.

Call Televue if you want to know for sure. They are great on the phone and Al Nagler may be the one you talk with.