Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Wyorock Adapter

Started by sws105, 01/11/2013 04:29PM
Posted 01/11/2013 04:29PM Opening Post
Hoping someone has an idea! I currently have a Wyorock focuser. I just obtained an Orion 102FL Fluorite and I am looking for an adapter to mount the Wyorock focuser. I am told that Wyorock did make such an adapter. I have emailed Wyorock multiple times to no avail. There is no phone number. Anyone know of an alternative other than purchasing a new focuser, I really like the Wyorock brand.

Thanks
Steve
Posted 01/11/2013 08:10PM #1
If all else fails you could have Ashley at PreciseParts make an adapter. The few parts I have had made are high quality and reasonably priced.

HTH, Cal
Posted 01/11/2013 09:51PM #2
I just went through the same thing trying to find a focuser for my Orion by Vixen 102, I have the achromat model in the series and wished I had what you have, but even the achromat is highly regarded, so much so I'm going to try and start up imaging with it. My first goal was to try and fit a spare AR152 focuser to it and I contacted Crawmach and they would make the proper flange as long as I supplied the proper measurements. After mulling this over and if I went ahead with this option I would have sent the focuser back to them to make sure the fit was accurate. I recently changed directions and decided instead to buy a Moonlight focuser. They have exactly the correct flange for my model, the Synta 3 bolt flange. It is also the same flange for your Fluorite. However, that is if you have a Moonlight focuser. I have a couple things I wanted to resolve first before buying, but it will happen. I contacted Moonlight before about this and they advised they couldn't make a flange for the focuser I have, I don't know why or whether it had to do with the fact it wasn't a Moonlight or it was because of the way the focuser was built. I think it was the latter reason.